We provide links to a range of governance resources from other educational bodies (both Australian and international).
- How to fix a skills shortage on your school board (Teacher Dec 2010)
- Governance Performance Check
- Non Executive Board Member Position Description
- Primrose Solutions – Succession Planning for NFPs
- Primrose Solutions - Contents of a Board Charter
- “Improving Board Effectiveness – Managing the Board as a Work Unit”, Good Governance, Issue 45, May – June 2005; Neil Primrose.
- “Separating Conflicting Roles,” Good Governance, Issue 55, January – February 2007; Neil Primrose
- “Practical Hints for Effective Meetings, Part 1 – The Agenda,” Good Governance, Issue 56, March – April 2007; Neil Primrose
- “Practical Hints for Effective Board Papers, Part 2 – The Agenda Papers,” Good Governance, Issue 57, May – June 2007; Neil Primrose and Sue Hart
- “Practical Hints for Effective Board Papers,” Good Governance; Sue Hart and Neil Primrose.
Part 3a, “The Board’s Minutes – Fundamentals,” Issue 58, July – August 2007
Part 3b, “The Board’s Minutes – Working relationships,” Issue 59, September – October 2007
- Article “Issues of Governance for Small Independent Schools” http://www.aare.edu.au/01pap/pay01228.htm
- NAIS ( www.nais.org) Article on Governance http://www.nais.org/publications/ismagazinearticle.cfm?ItemNumber=147130
- This paper discusses the particular discourse of developmental phases in school governance. This qualitative study examined the governance structures and processes of thirteen independent primary schools, and one state primary school http://education.curtin.edu.au/iier/iier15/payne.html
- List of Resources – Emerging Issues in K-12 Independent School Governance AGB Occasional Paper No. 14. Author: Kane, Pearl R. Institutional Author: Emerging Issues in K-12 Independent School Governance. AGB Ocassional Paper No 14