Independence is the official journal of AHISA. It is a unique source of information, inspiration and collegial support for independent school principals and essential reading for anyone interested in strategic governance and leadership in independent schools.
The major theme of the issue is change and its leadership:
- The change imperative Editorial by AHISA National Chair, Phillip Heath
- Forum: Leading cultural change Dawn Clements, Pastor Mark Doeke, Simon Gipson, Terry Muldoon, Dr Alec O’Connell and Jann Robinson
- The Perils of change leadership Professor Karen Starr
- Thermodynamic leadership: Paradoxical insights for leading change Paul Kidson
- Future forward: Imminent challenges facing independent school leaders Nicholas Guyatt & Tony Pfeiffer
- The infrastructure of change Lyndal Wilson
The current issue is published in both hard copy and interactive digital formats.
Hard copies are available to order now.
The digital edition is free to browse and search here.
To view contents page of the latest issue, click here.
Click here for information about how to view and search the Independence digital archive.
Independence is published twice a year. Each AHISA member automatically receives six copies of the hard copy edition. Copies are also available to members and non-members by subscription.
INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS
Unsolicited manuscripts and article suggestions are welcome, although intending contributors are advised to first contact the Editor.
It is assumed that contributors agree to AHISA’s terms of publication.
More information about the format for contributions is available here.
CONTACT THE EDITOR
PO Box 1737
Victor Harbour SA 5211
Mobile: 0409 981 275
ADVERTISING AND PUBLISHING
Level 3, 18-20 Grenfell St
Adelaide SA 5000
Tel. 08 8221 5600
Fax: 08 8221 5601